Sunday 28 February 2016

Goodreads

Hello World, long time no see!

I'm not going to make excuses, but here I am, back and better than ever (hopefully).

This is going to be my first book-related post! I think that talking about something that I'm actively involved with on a day-to-day basis, because of my program at school, will make it easier to keep my blog up-to-date.

I'm very excited! I think that my biggest challenge is going to be writing in more of a blog form than an essay form, but I'm interested to see how my writing develops.

Now, onto the books!

In 2015 I attempted to complete a reading challenge that I thought covered some solid ground. It worked out to be a book a week, and I think that for a first try I did pretty well with it. I wish that I could tell you how many books I actually read, but I didn't end up keeping track throughout the entire year. Woe is me, I guess. If I ever figure it out, I'll be sure to post about it!

Recently, I went home to Northern Ontario for my Winter Break. During the trip it was mentioned to me that as someone who likes to read, I should check out Goodreads.com. When I finally got around to checking the website, I fell in love. Not only does it enable you to keep track of which books you've read and which ones you want to read, but you can also create a digital 'shelf' that ends of being a compilation of the books you own.

I don't mean to brag, but I have a lot of books. So many books that sometimes I have a hard time remembering which ones I own and which I don't. Editions of books are another problem entirely. But now this problem has been solved! Thank God for Goodreads! I can't believe I hadn't heard of that website before.

I'm still learning the site, but if any of you would like to see a post about it, let me know!

At this point you might be asking yourself what Goodreads has to do with my reading challenge, and I don't blame you. My favourite thing about the website, I think, is that it enables you to mark when you finish a book that you're reading.

When I signed up for the website, it immediately asked me how many books I would like to read in 2016. Going with my 2015 goal, I entered mine as 52. Now I am able to keep track every time I finish a book, and Goodreads lets me know whether I'm keeping up with how much I should be reading to stay on track.

Overall, I think it's wonderful! I can't wait to explore the site more and find out even more crazy-awesome new things.

For now, I'm going to end this post, but I do plan on reviewing the books that I'm reading this year, so please keep an eye out!

Don't forget to look on the bright side.

Ciao for now,

Bryt

*this post is not affiliated with Goodreads.com in any way. They have no idea that I've written this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment