Sunday 6 March 2016

Reading Challenge 2016




Hello again!

Before I begin, I wanted to discuss a schedule with you guys! I was thinking of trying to post on Sundays, and maybe Thursdays? While school is in I'm not sure how well that will work, but I would like to try. Then, once the summer starts, I was considering posting Sunday-Wednesday-Friday every week.

What do you think?

Anyway, getting to the reading portion of this post! As I mentioned last week in my Goodreads post, last year I attempted to do a reading challenge. While I didn't fail miserably, I didn't finish the challenge, either. So, I want to try to do the same one this year!

A picture of the challenge that I did is at the top of this post, but I'm also going to be typing them out individually so that I can cross them off as I go. I think that between this post and Goodreads.com (once again, no affiliation), it's really going to keep me on track as the year goes on.

By the way, I don't know who originally created this challenge. I'm not doing this to claim it as my own, because I didn't make it. If any of you know, please let ME know so I can give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Without further ado, this is my reading challenge for 2016:

- a book with more than 500 pages
- a classic romance    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontรจ
- a book that became a movie     Paper Towns by John Green
- a book published this year
- a book with a number in the title
- a book written by someone under 30
- a book with nonhuman characters
- a funny book     Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
- a book by a female author
- a mystery or thriller
- a book with a one-word title
- a book of short stories
- a book set in a different country
- a nonfiction book
- a popular author's first book
- a book from an author you love that you haven't read yet
- a book a friend recommended
- a Pulitzer Prize-winning book
- a book based on a true story
- a book at the bottom of your to-read list
- a book your mom loves
- a book that scares you
- a book more than 100 years old
- a book based entirely on its cover
- a book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
- a memoir     Girl in the Woods by Aspen Matis
- a book you can finish in a day      Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- a book with antonyms in the title
- a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
- a book that came out the year you were born
- a book with bad reviews
- a trilogy
- a book from your childhood
- a book with a love triangle
- a book set in the future
- a book set in high school
- a book with a colour in the title
- a book that made you cry
- a book with magic
- a graphic novel
- a book by an author you've never read before
- a book that takes place in your home town
- a book that was originally written in a different language
- a book set during Christmas     Girl Online by Zoella
- a book written by an author with your same initials
- a play
- a banned book The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (here is my source for where the book was  banned)
- a book based on or turned into a TV show
- a book your started but never finished

Whew! When you type it out, it feels pretty daunting. It's alright though, all I can do is try my best. Being an English student in this situation, in my opinion, is both a blessing and a curse; you have less free time for reading, but if you're lucky you'll enjoy the stuff you have to read for class anyway. I'm pretty lucky like that, and I usually tend to like the assigned readings that we are given.

My plan is to cross things out as I go and write in italics which book(s) I read to fulfill the requirement.

I'm so excited guys! This is really going to keep me accountable for my reading challenge, I think.

Are you doing a reading challenge? How far along are you so far? Please let me know in the comments.


Thank you everyone, and happy reading!

Bryt

No comments:

Post a Comment